Chianti Classico – Extra Virgin Olive Oil

22.90

Packaging: 500 ml

Directly from Tuscany, an excellent oil, with an intense golden yellow color with delicate green reflections. With a characteristic, bitter and spicy flavor, with hints of sage and a strong memory of black pepper and unripe almonds. It has an enveloping aroma, where the aromas of artichoke, chicory, mint and rosemary stand out.

We recommend using it paired with porcini mushroom appetizers, bruschetta with tomato, fish dishes, roasted radicchio, vegetable soups, grilled meat, mature hard cheeses.

In stock

Directly from Tuscany, an excellent oil, with an intense golden yellow color with delicate green reflections. With a characteristic, bitter and spicy flavor, with hints of sage and a strong memory of black pepper and unripe almonds. It has an enveloping aroma, where the aromas of artichoke, chicory, mint and rosemary stand out.

We recommend using it paired with porcini mushroom appetizers, bruschetta with tomato, fish dishes, roasted radicchio, vegetable soups, grilled meat, mature hard cheeses.

SKU: 56DOOLPRCH500 Categories: , Tags: ,

CHIANTI PDO

 

The cultivation of the olive tree in the production area of the Chianti Classico PDO has a millenary tradition, documented since the mid-seventh century BC.

It is obtained from the olive fruits of the Leccino, Frantoio, Correggiolo and Moraiolo varieties, which must be present in the olive groves, alone or together, to an extent of not less than 80%. For the remaining 20%, there may be three other varieties of olive trees among those specified in the specification.

The olives are harvested directly from the plant, possibly on nets or sheets, by December 31 of each year. The olives used for production are stored and transported to the mill in stackable boxes, drilled on five sides, within three days of collection. Processing must begin within 24 hours of transporting the olives to the mill.

Toscano Colline Di Siena Igp

The production area of the Chianti PDO extra virgin olive oil includes numerous municipalities in the province of Siena and Florence, in the Tuscany region.

Additional information

Certified Product

Chianti Classico

Conservation Method

Extra virgin olive oil

Region of Origin

Toscana

Quality Mark

PDO

Packaging

500 ml

Cultivar

Correggiolo, Frantoio, Leccino, Moraiolo

Taste

Strong

Producer

Pruneti

Duration of Conservation

24 months